Search This Blog

Sunday 24 August 2014

60 Second Interview With No.8



    No.113 “I understand that you work in the Computer Room.”
    No.8 “What about it?”
    “Nothing, but it must be a very responsible job, you having a position of authority.”
    “It is, and I have, who did you say you are?”
    “I didn’t.”
    “You're not from time and motion are you?”
    “Should we be?”
    No.113b “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “Who’s he?”
    “He’s a photographer Number One-one-three-b, and I’m Number One-one-three, we contribute to The Tally Ho don’t you know.”
    “No, I didn’t know.”
    “Well we do. Tell me Number Eight, do you have a sister?”
    “A sister?”
    “Yes.”
    “No.”
    “Oh!”
    “Why do you ask?”
    “Well myself and my colleague here have observed that there are a number of twins, or doppelgangers in The Village. Number One-one-three-b here has one himself, Number One-one-three-c”
    “What’s that got to do with me?”
    “Well myself and my colleague here couldn’t help but notice that woman who gave you that daily prognosis report on Number Six.”
    “You are from time and motion!”
    “You have to admit that there is a similarity between you both. Height, hairstyle and colour, even the facial features are similar.”
    “I don’t have to admit to anything!”
    “Tell us Number Eight, how do you get on with Number Two?”
    “That little pipsqueak!”
    “Annoying?”
    “Insufferable!”
    “Your expression didn’t go unnoticed.”
    “When?”
    “When Number Two put you down about the efficient prognosis programming must include a quantum permutation of the cause and effect of all supplementary elements. In other words, the computer calculated the old woman’s behaviour would change the behaviour pattern of Number Six. You didn’t like that did you?
   “Can I help you with anything else?”
   “Well might not it be better if instead of having a computer technician hand a prognosis report to someone else, for that person to simply hand it to you. He could simply to hand it to you  himself. Or that you yourself got out from behind that desk and collected any such sheet of paper yourself.”
    “You are from time and motion, get out of here! You’ve got a …………..”
    “Now calm down and remember you’re a lady.”
    “Oh get out!”
    “Don’t worry we’re going. And don’t think we haven't been thrown out of better offices than this!”

Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment