Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 August 2014

60 Second Interview With Number 240



    No.240 "Yes, who is this?"
    No.113 "I'm sorry to have to call you like this."
    "Yes, but what do you want?"
    "I'm One-one-three, I contribute to The Tally Ho you know."
    "Yes."
    "I understand that you are our best Observer."
    "You didn't phone me to say that."
    "No, well the truth of the matter is, what our readers want to know is why do you wear your cape inside out?"
    "I beg your pardon!"
    "That's okay, but why?"
    "I don't think this has anything to do with you."
    "Are you in allegiance with the Butler?"
    "What are you talking about?"
    "The Butler."
    "What about him?"
    "You haven't noticed?"
    "Noticed what?"
    "And you're supposed to be one of our best Observers!"
    "Look if you don't ring off I'll have to call my Supervisor."
    "The Butler, like you, wears his cape inside out!"
    "..............................."
    "Are you still there?"
    "Yes, yes I'm still here."
    "Well, is it a way of demonstrating your individualism?"
    "I can't speak for the Butler. But the reason I wear my cape inside out is......because I don't want to look silly!"

Reporter No.113
Photograph from the Bureau of Visual Records

No comments:

Post a Comment