Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Thought For The Day



    I guess the worst moment for me regarding ‘the Prisoner,’ came when in 1968 when the series ended, with ‘Fall Out.’ There I was, a boy of twelve desperately trying to retain as many memories of the series as I could. Then there came along ‘Fall Out.’ I was left wondering what the finale had been all about. I eagerly waited to see if the meeting between Number 6 and Number 1 would actually take place. And should that happen I thought I would learn something. I didn’t expect that the two of them to sit round a table talking over a cup of tea. I thought Number 6 would lay hands on the man and force the truth out of him. That didn’t happen either, nor did he escape, that much I did learn. That the Prisoner was just as much a Prisoner at the end as he was at the beginning, but perhaps for a different reason! At the time I actually felt somewhat dissatisfied, as he was left neither one thing nor the other. The whole thing felt as though it was left up in the air! I needed to see ‘Fall Out’ again, but that wouldn’t be for nearly ten years!

Be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment