Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Postcard From The Village

    Did you know you can buy postcards of the Village in the Village? Who in their right mind would send a postcard to someone who lives here in the Village? It's not as though you can buy funny or saucy seaside postcards, even though the Village projects this image of being a seaside holiday resort. Someone once wrote a number of years ago, that you can never have enough postcards or pictures of the Village. I'm not so sure she was right. Yes, I too have been guilty of collecting postcards of the Village in the past. Hoarding them away in albums, photogrpahs as well come to think of it. And the best photographs I have of the Village are the onces I've taken without thinking about it, or getting the light just right, and completely by accident. I suppose I've got a dozen really good photographs of Portmeirion, out of the dozens I've taken over the years. One dozen I would keep, the others I would throw away.

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment