Search This Blog

Saturday 19 March 2016

Who’s That On The Telephono?



    No.2 “Get me the fish and chip shop.”
    No.253 “Yes what can I do for you?”
    “This is Number Two”
    “Yes Number Two.”
    “What’s happened to my order?”
    “What order is that sir?”
    “My order for Cod and three pennyworth of chips?”
    “I think you have the wrong number sir.”
    “Don’t give me that. I asked the operator to put me through to the fish and chip shop.”
    “This is the laboratory.”
    “Not the fish and chip shop?”
    “No sir.”
    “Hasn’t The Village got a fish and chip shop?”
    “Not to my knowledge, I’ve never seen one.”
    “Then why was I put through to you?”
    “I really couldn’t say sir.”
    “I don’t suppose you could……”
    “Could what sir?”
    “Fry up some fish and chips in your laboratory for me?”
    “With sodium chloride and acetic acid?”
    “Are you trying to be funny?”
    “Apparently not!”
   
Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment