Search This Blog

Friday 11 December 2015

60 Second Interview With Number Two

    No.113 "Thank you for taking the time to speak with me Number Two, especially under the circumstances.”
    No.113b “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “Who’s that leaving in the helicopter?”
    No.2 “I’m not at all sure!”
    “Tell me, why do you need Professor Seltzman? After all everything seemed to be going along quite nicely as it was."
    "I don't quite understand your question."
    "Well you said you needed Seltzman's reversal process."
    "I never said anything of the kind."
    "Didn't you?"
    "No."
    "Well you didn’t need Seltzman to operate your Seltzman machine, nor do you require the reversal process."
    "Why not?"
    "Well you simply put the two subjects who originally exchanged minds, through the exact same process."
    "............Ah, I see."
    "Well it's hardly rocket science is it?"
    "No, no I suppose it's not."
    "Tell me Number Two, how did you acquire the "Seltzman machine" in the first place?"
    "Oh I couldn't possibly tell you that."
    "Why not?
    "Because I don't bloody well know that’s why!"
    “Don’t get shirty with us, just because it’s gone wrong for you!”
    “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “Who said its gone wrong for me? After all we’ve still got the Seltzman machine.”
   “Yes, but you had that before you started!”
   “Yes and we can still break the security of any nation, as we gather more and more information.”
   “You were doing that before as well.”
   “Is that the Colonel leaving The Village aboard that helicopter?”
   “It certainly looks like the Colonel.”
    “Looks can be deceptive.”
    “If it wasn’t the Colonel, it must have been…………….”
    “Professor Seltzman!”
    “Never mind, you can contact the pilot and order him to return to The Village.”
    “It will be out of range in a few minutes.”
    “Then activate the remote control system of the helicopter. And get one of the operatives in the Control room to fly the helicopter back.”
    “Again it will be out of range.”
    “There’s always the landing stage, Seltzman, I mean the Colonel can be intercepted there and brought back to The Village.”
    “What about Number Six?”
    “I’m alright!” Number 6 said removing his goggles and sitting up on the operating table.
    No.2 “Oh he’s alright, it’s me I’m bothered about!”
    No.113 “The Colonel, I mean Professor Seltzman doesn’t look too clever.”
    “That’s just the trouble, he was thrice cleverer than all of us!”
   “Who’s going to tell Number One?”
    No.2 “It looks like I am!”
    No.6 “I shouldn’t wonder that he knows already.”
    “I could always have a change of mind.”
    “Better to have a change of heart, and allow Professor Seltzman to continue his experiments in peace.”
    “Tell me Number Six, why did you resign. Was it over Professor Seltzman?”
    “I didn’t resign!”
    “What?”
   “When you erased all unpleasant memories of The Village and returned me to
London, having regressed my mind to the day I was due to hand in my letter of resignation.”
    “Yeeeesssssssssssss.”
    “Well I had the letter already written.”
    “Yeeeessssssssssss.”
    “I left it on the mantelpiece, and forgot all about it.
    “What?!”
    “Well seeing the situation I was in, resigning my job was suddenly the last thing on my mind!”
    “You didn’t resign?”
    “No, which means you have me here in The Village under false pretences!”
    “Who’s going to tell Number One?”
    No.113 “It looks like you are!”
    No.113b “Smile” {click goes the camera}


Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment