Search This Blog

Sunday 8 January 2012

Postcard From The Village

 45 years of the Prisoner, has it really been that long? Are we still finding things to write, and discuss about the series? Well yes we are, which is pretty remarkable, even for a series like the Prisoner, and the day I stop.....well that will be the day I have to look for something else to turn my hand to.
   Will there be any special event to celebrate the 45th anniversary? Well no I shouldn't think so, I shouldn't think there will be in 5 years time for the 50th anniversary, nothing "official" by the owners of the Prisoner. There will be the Prisoner Convention held at Portmeirion over the weekend of March 30th and April 1st, but that takes palce every year, so there's nothing special in that. A friend of mine is planning to hold a 'Mind Mash' as he likes to call it, later this year, an event for fans to attend to exchange thoughts, ideas, to discuss and debate all things Prisoner. But I doubt very much anything "official" will be done to celebrate the 45th anniversary. I will not forget, and no doubt you will remember. And so together we will not forget the Prisoner, but keep him in mind.
   Of course if you saved and printed off the 2012 Tally Ho calendar {unoffical} posted on this blogspot in December, and if you put it up on the wall, on the refrigerator, or somewhere, then you are already celebrating the 45th anniversary.

I'll be seeing you........next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment