Search This Blog

Thursday 2 July 2015

Ringing The Chimes Of Big Ben!


   Another change to the script comes when Number 6 is sitting at a table atop of the cliffs over looking Nadia down on the beach, when Number 2 comes to join Number 6 at his table, and the conversation is as follows.
    The Prisoner “What do you want?”
    Number 2 “To ask you a question.”
    The Prisoner “I resigned as a matter of conscience.”
    Number 2 “Oh, that! No, no, no! There are people who talk and people who don't. Which means that there are people who leave here and people who stay. You're obviously staying.”
    Prisoner “Has it ever occurred to you, you're just as much a prisoner as I am?”
    Number 2 “But my dear chap of course! I know too much! If I wasn't in The Village, they'd have to send me here! We're both lifers! That's why I'm so anxious we get along. You're doing very well, I must say. Beginning to make reality judgments.”
    The Prisoner “What question?”
    Number 2 “What do you think of Nationalism?”
    The Prisoner  “Depends on whose side you're on.”
    Number 2 “Laughs.”

   {If this dialogue had been retained as it was, then Number 6 would have talked "I resigned as a matter on conscience" he said. If Number 2 had had to accept that, then it would have meant end of episode, and the Prisoner would have been free to leave The Village, having talked!}

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment