Search This Blog

Thursday 12 November 2015

Thought For The Day

    That dividing wall in ‘6 Private.’ At one point in ‘Arrival it goes up into the roof area of the cottage, revealing the rest of the cottage. I suppose it must be a flexible wall, perhaps it rolls up in the roof, after all the roof doesn’t look tall enough to take the wall upright. But then there are three framed Vanity prints hung on the wall, I shouldn’t think they would “roll up” very easily, if at all. It’s one of those inexplicable moments within ‘the Prisoner’ which defies explanation. You simply have to take it at face value. And yet ‘6 Private’ is like Doctor Who’s Tardis. It defies dimensional space, being larger on the inside than it is on the outside. Of course Doctor Who visited the Village, or rather Portmeirion in ‘The Masque of Mandragora.’ And for a while there was a police box in The Prisoner shop, I never saw it myself, but when I was told about it, I couldn’t help but ask why? And at one point there were more Daleks and Cybermen in the Prisoner shop than there was ‘Prisoner’ merchandise!

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment