Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Village Life!


    I don’t know who I am any more! I think I’m Number Six, I’m supposed to have a mental link with Alison, but I don’t and what’s more I appear to be someone else, this Number Twelve whoever he‘s supposed to be. So really there’s only one way out! All I can hope for is that my death will put a spoke in Number Two’s wheel with Number One. And as far as I can see this is my one way out. The Village has a large suicide rate, so I’ll no longer be a number, I’ll be a statistic. Oh well goodbye World, and good riddance to The Village!
   Damn it, it didn’t work! It comes to something when you can’t kill yourself! But my God I feel different, I feel like, not a new man exactly, more like my old self again! So if I’m me, who the hell is the other chap? 

Be seeing you

5 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    On The Schizoid Man, did you catch that when Number 6 had called Allison to validate that HE was the real Number 6...and she didn't match all the cards when he held them up...but when Number 12 held them up...Number SIX was LOOKING at every card that Number 12 held up for Allison to call...thereby "giving" her the answers for Number 12 !!!
    It was so subtle a clue that I almost missed it!
    BCNU
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen,
      That was so subtle I missed it myself! I know No.6 is looking at the cards, but it would depend on whether he can actually see the face of the cards. He probably can. So if he was giving the answers to Alison for No.12 he was shooting himself in the foot!

      David
      BCNU

      Delete
  2. Hi David . .
    I've watched The Schizoid Man several times since the beginning of this year . ..and Number 6 is definitely looking at each card as Curtis holds it up.
    6 was definitely not doing himself any favors! He didn't realize what was happening right then !

    BCNU
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Karen,
      Yes I can see that he is now I look at it again. However judging by the expression on Number 6’s face he doesn’t look as if he’s mentally giving Alison the answer to each of 12’s 5 cards. He looks increasingly worried to my eye.
      One other thing, Alison and Number 6 never enjoyed 100 percent when testing their mental link with the cards, 75 percent yes. So one might expect alison to make or two wrong calls. The fact that she made four wrong calls doesn't disprove Number 6's mental link with her

      David
      Be seeing you

      Delete
  3. Hi David,
    Even though Number 6 doesn't seem to be CONCENTRATING on the cards, he IS SEEING them, and even though he is looking at both Number 12 and Number 2...just by SEEING the cards he might be "sending" the answers to Alison.
    Also, Number 6 should have known NOT to expect Alison to be ABLE to call 5 out of 5 correctly...for just the reason you pointed out.

    Best Regards, BCNU
    Karen

    ReplyDelete