Search This Blog

Saturday 27 April 2013

The Therapy Zone

Fall Out: Could very well be simply another manipulation of No.6. He’s seated in the “chair of honour, as he witnesses two form of revolt until his inauguration, and the offer of ultimate power. He is bribed with the key to his own house, travellers cheques-a million, a passport - valid for anywhere, and petty cash. No.6 is then permitted his chance to address the delegates of the assembly, just as No.48 and No.2 had done. However in No.6’s case the delegates are not prepared to listen, further, they don’t want No.6’s words to be heard, and so shout him down “I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I”.
    Then he is given the opportunity to meet No.1, this in a last ditched attempt to break him, by bringing No.6 face to face with himself! Some would have it, that No.6 and No.1 are one and the same, the one the alter ego of he other. But it is impossible to actually come face to face with your other self, so No.1 must surely be a doppelganger for No.6, and in the village that could only be No.12-Curtis of The Schizoid Man. And if this is the case, it’s no wonder that No.1 seemed to be as mad as a Hatter, having been kept in isolation all that time. Well they couldn’t have Curtis roaming free in the village, not with the face of No.6!

It Was Asked......
    If Living In Harmony was an illusion, how were they able to return to Harmony towards the end of the episode. And why didn’t No.6 come across the town of Harmony before? Well the answer is a simple one, and put simply, the town of Harmony was no illusion, only the Judge, Cathy, the Kid and all the towns people were the illusion. And No.6 had come across the town of Harmony earlier in the series. During ‘The Chimes of Big Ben,’ and ‘The Schizoid Man.’

It Seems Ironic......
The Music Used My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean, My Bonnie Lies Over The Sea, Oh Bring Back My Bonnie To Me.
   In the episode ‘Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling’ because some people think that its body not Bonnie in the song, which incidentally is a nursery rhyme. Poor Janet Portland, her "Bonnie" really was, if not across the Ocean, then definitely across the Sea, and she has been waiting a long time for him to be brought back to her.
  But if it were Body and not Bonnie, then there’s irony in the fact that the Colonel wants his body back, as well as No.6!

  It’s All Been A Bit of A Trial!
    During the ‘Dance of the Dead,’ No.6 is put on trial for the possession of a radio. He doesn’t seem inordinately worried about this, probably because No.6 knew that they dare not risk damaging the tissue!
   No.6 is put on trial in the same way as Joseph K in Kafka’s The Trial. In that he knows not why he is under arrest, or why he is being put on trial. Yet the result is not the same. No.6 was threatened with a death sentence which the Village Administration dare not see carried out. Joseph K, was executed!

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment