Search This Blog

Saturday 27 April 2013

Who's That On The Telephono?


     No.6 "Curtis here, I'm on black."
     No.2 "What?"
    "Curtis here, I'm on black!"
    "Yes, I thought that's what you said. Why are you telephoning me on red?"
    "Are you on red then?"
    "Don't you know that I am?"
    "How could I know?"
    "No, I suppose you couldn't. The red telephone is reserved you see."
    "Who for?"
    "Number 1, as if it's anything to do with you!"
    "Number 1?"
    "Yes.......just a minute. You've just telephoned me."
    "Yes."
    "On the red telephone."
    "I suppose I did."
    "Then you must be............."
    "Look I've got some good news and bad news for you. Which would you like first?"
    "Oh the bad news, then you can cheer me up with the good."
    "Number 6 is dead!"
    "What?"
    "Rover got him!"
    "You shouldn't have done that."
    "Done what?"
    "Used the Village Guardian's name."
    "Why?"
    "Well people watching this will think it's "it's real name."
    "Isn't it?"
    "You're using the word as a euphemism surely. Look what's the good news?"
    "You still have me!"
    {Number 2 falls silent}
    "Are you still there?"
    "Yes. That is good news. Stay where you are Number 6, I'll send someone over right away!"
    "A? No, I'm not Number 6. Number 6 is dead, I just told you Rover got him. Hello, hello!"
    The telephono was dead, Number 2 was no longer there!
BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment