Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Village Life

Number 2 "Well it's all yours, for one week."
Supervisor "Why, where are you going?"
"It's going to be all or nothing!"
"What do you mean?"
"It's Number 6 or me."
"It's come to that?"
"Well obvously. It's the only way. So chin up, you are in charge for one teeny-weeny week."
"Do you think I'm up to it?"
"I dare say that if I can do it, you can."
"I'm being promoted?"
"Yes."
"You are promoting me?"
"Yes."
"After all this time."
"Well I can't think of anyone else up to the task. You've been here far longer than I have. In fact you've survived when all of my predecessors have fallen by the wayside. You're more part of the machine than anyone here."
"Kind of you to say so. I'd hate to see you go."
"I'm not so keen to go myself. But when the devil plays the pipes, it's me that has to dance. Just don't bugger the job up while I'm gone!"

BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment