Search This Blog

Thursday 14 November 2013

60 Second Interview With Thorpe

                                    
    No.113: "You have to admit, you never liked the man very much!"
    Thorpe: "Who, who are you talking about?"
    "Your ex-colleague."
    "Oh."
    "Is that why you applied to the Village in the first place?"
    "What do you mean?"
    No.113b "Smile" {click goes the camera}
    "For the position of No.2."
    "Now why would I want to do that?"
    "Well No.6 told you about the Village, and seeing as how you don't like the man very much, you might want to......."
    "Do him a disservice?"
    "Well, harm is the word I was thinking of."
    "Huh!"
    "Tell me, just how did you find your way to the Village?"
    "Through the Civil Service. I just had a quiet word here and there, discreetly you understand."
    "And then one day you wake up here in the Village."
    "Yes."
    "And now......"
    "Well I have my own room, my own clothes. I'm looked after well enough."
    "And No.6?"
    "Don't you dare come in here and mention that man's number to me, do you understand! Oh get out, get out!!!!!"

   {An ex-No.2 who is confined to spending the remainder of his days on the psychiatric wing of the hospital. Who cannot abide the Number 6!}

Reporter No.113
Photograph from the Department of Visual Records

No comments:

Post a Comment