Search This Blog

Monday 29 July 2013

Watch Out There's A 6 Impersonator About!

   6 attends the regular Brass Band Concert! This image was taken from routine surveillance footage back in 1990. It was a beautiful summers day, a Sunday, because the local Brass band came to play their Sunday concert at Portmeirion.
   I think I went around Portmeirion for much of the day with my friend Luis, well in actual fact he wasn't my friend at the time, but a fellow fan of 'the Prisoner' who I met there that year in the Village. He wanted to take photographs of me, and even to video me going about the Village as No.6. I was happy to oblige. I recall how busy Portmeirion was on that day, and other days like it.
  On the other hand though....................The Village was deserted!
   This image was taken via one of Portmeirion's web-cams a couple of days ago at about 11:30 in the morning. It's a perfect summers day, the sun is shining, but there's no-one about! In the past when I've stayed at Portmeirion, by then the Village would be busy with day visitors. Just a minute! What's that in the bottom left-hand corner of the picture? Looks like Portmeirion have added a new vehicle to their Village transport, a golf cart!
  I should imagine that this new addition to the Village transport is to ferry guests to their serviced hotel rooms around the Village!

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment