Search This Blog

Thursday 2 April 2015

File No.6


    “Back to the beginning!”
    It would seem that for Number 2, ‘The Chimes of Big Ben’ is a cyclical episode, seeing as he wasn’t any better off at the end as he was at the beginning!
    This particular Number 2 was only employed to see that Number 6’s escape of The Village went ahead with no interference. Had the plan worked, meaning that Post 5 had had his wristwatch set at the right time and thereby not have synchronised with the chimes of Big Ben, would the plan have succeeded, with Number 6 actually telling the Colonel the reason behind his resignation. Would then the Colonel have told Number 2? It might have depended on who wanted the information in the first place and why. However, it may be supposed that Number 2 would have been told, because it was he who asked the question in the first place, “Why did he resign?” Why? Because Number 6’s file did need bringing up to date, that being the one piece of information missing from it.


Be seeing you

2 comments:

  1. Hi David
    What a great screen capture! You can see that I’m feeling a little bit of regret for my betrayal of No.6 and also for leaving the Village!
    Incidentally regarding the background to this picture – I’m into astronomy and I’ve always been fascinated by the star map in the Village Control Room. It looks quite accurate to me. Do you have any better shots of it?
    Love
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nadia,
      As a matter of fact I think I do, leave it with me.
      For myself, I've always throught of the the world map and the star chart, how they reflect the time when a world globe and astral globe came together in a pair.

      Very kind regards
      David
      BCNU

      Delete