Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Therapy Zone

Out And About
   At a time when I was looking forward to the forthcoming new series in 2010, the reinterpretation of THEPRIS6NER, and now I do not have too much longer to wait. But having been out and about this week, on Tuesday I went to the Post Office and a young woman behind the counter remarked "Oh, the Prisoner!" Well I was wearing my piped blazer and No.6 badge "The new series starts on Saturday. My boyfriend and I will be watching." "So will I" I replied.
   Then having left the Post Office, I was walking through the streets of Loughborough on my way to Tesco, when a group of Oriental young gentlemen were walking towards me, one of whom I saw took his mobile phone and it seemed to be pointed at me. As they passed by, the one with the mobile phone spoke in English to the others, and showing them his phone, said something about the Prisoner.
  And today as I stood waiting for Morag outside the Green Grocers three young men in their late teens passed by, and as they passed by one said "He's wearing a Prisoner badge." "The Prisoner?" remarked another "Yes, the new series starts on Saturday" the other said eagerly.
   Well there you are, fans of ‘the Prisoner’ are everywhere. And they are not the first of whom I have encountered since having moved to Loughborough.

It’s Got To One Side Or The Other!
   And so in his quest to find the answers he's looking for, if the Prisoner cannot find them here, meaning with his own people, then elsewhere, meaning he is perfectly prepared to go behind the Iron Curtain. In short, to defect to the other side in order to get the answers he is looking for.

Curtis
   Although he was apparently suffocated into unconsciousness, or to death, in ‘The Schizoid Man’ by the Village Guardian, it is always possible that he was later resuscitated in the same way No.2 was resuscitated during ‘Fall Out.’ That would account for his possible inclusion in this final manipulation of No.6.
   Such is the allegorical content of ‘the Prisoner’ that it can do almost anything at all with it!

Be seeing you

2 comments:

  1. Curtis suffocated: You could be right, David, there's no real evidence that Curtis was killed by Rover. But here, I wouldn't call this specific instance "allegorical content". It is simply left open or ambiguous. Like a cliff-hanger it leaves space for further developments (how silly it may be sometimes). - BCNU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Arno,

      Yes, that's a better way to describe it, left open or ambiguous. I shopuld ahve thought of that!

      Very kind regards
      David
      BCNU

      Delete