Search This Blog

Thursday 22 May 2014

What's That Number Six Up To?

   It’s Karaoke night at the Cat & Mouse Nightclub!
    I was spending a quiet evening in the Cat & Mouse nightclub. No.6 was there in the company of Number Fifty-Eight and they, like me, had been steadily drinking. Suddenly Number Six began to make a disturbance. He got angry, and shouted at the waitress when he demanded an alcoholic drink. He bet the waitress that she couldn't get him tiddly. But the waitress said that no alcohol was served in the Cat & Mouse nightclub, and I can vouch for that! So I wonder where Six had been getting it? Perhaps Number Fifty-Eight was keeping him supplied. I vowed to ask Fifty-Eight when I get the chance.
   Then Six got ratty with Fifty-Eight, demanding she get him a drink. So it would seem that Fifty Eight was keeping Number Six supplied! Fifty Eight said something to Six in that incomprehensible language of hers, and then they both got up from the table to leave. But then, Number Six, apparently three sheets to the wind, got a microphone from somewhere and treated us to a song or two. "I'll be seeing you in all those old familiar places"...................."I,I,I,I,I,I,I,I, like you very much"..............."Born free, as free as the wind blows," are just a few lines of what Number Six was singing.
   After Number Six's drunken singing, Fifty-Eight finally ushered Six outside and the nightclub returned to its calm, quiet self as I drained my glass. "Same again sir?" the waitress asked. "Yes, no. I'll have what Number Six was having." "What do you mean sir?" "I'll have a double! An alcoholic drink that got him in that state!" "No alcohol is served here sir! Gin, Whiskey, Vodka, looks the same, tastes the same........" "Yes, yes. But I'll still have a double!"

Be seeing you

2 comments:

  1. Has there ever been footage of the scene? I'd imagine that all of it would have been burned right under the editing table. - BCNU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Arno,
      I personally have never seen any footage of this scene, and I don't know of anyone who has. As you say, it probably has been long lost on the cutting room floor, swept up and disposed of!

      Enjoy the weekend

      Very kind regards
      David
      BCNU

      Delete