Search This Blog

Saturday 10 October 2015

60 Second Interview With No.23


   No.113 “I have a feeling we've met before.”
   No.23 “I don't think so, I should have remembered. Who are you anyway?”
   “I am Number One, one, three, and this is my photographic colleague Number One, one, three. We contribute to The Tally Ho.”
   “Smile” {click goes the camera}
   “You appear to be the female counterpart of the doctor-Number Forty.”
   “Really?”
   “Like you he thought everyone has his breaking point.”
   “I wonder what yours is?”
   “We’re not talking about me. And like you he was very keen on human experimentation.”
   “Pure coincidence I assure you. There are several doctors here at the hospital.”
   “You both share an unfeeling attitude towards your patients. Look what Number Forty did to Roland Walter Dutton.'
    “Who?”
    'And look what you have done to Number Eight.”
    “A mild experiment, no actual operation took place, merely some mild conditioning and hypnosis.”
    “It's still using an experiment first used on Dolphins. And Number Fifty-eight.”
    “Who?”
    “The Rook.”
    “Oh him.”
    “You used an experiment first used by Pavlov and carried out on dogs!”
    “The treatment worked.”
    “You treat people here like lab rats.”
    “We do what we have to do.”
    “I’m not in favour of your bedside manner.”
    “I’m not employed for my bedside manner.”
    “Where do you stand on Leucotomies of the brain?”
    “Generally in the operating theatre.”
    “You suggested that a Leucotomy be performed on Number Six.”
    “He has aggressive tendencies.”
    “You don’t need to be a doctor to make that diagnosis!”
    “You’re not one of my patients, are you?”
    “No.”
    “Well not yet anyway.”
   It was at this point that I shook the dust of the hospital from my feet, with Number 113b close on my heels!

Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b.

No comments:

Post a Comment