Search This Blog

Monday 26 October 2015

Village Life!


    “Where to guv?”
    “Take me to the Town Hall.”
    “Where?”
    “The Town Hall.”
    “Yes, I heard you the first time. Where’s that?”
    “You’re a taxi driver, you should know.”
    “Don’t you know?”
    “No, that’s why I’m asking you to take me there.”
    “But I’m not a taxi driver.”
    “This is a taxi isn’t it?”
    “Yes.”
    “And you’re sitting in the driver’s seat.”
    “Yes.”
    “Well in my book, that makes you a taxi driver.”
    “You’re Number Six.”
    “Yes.”
    “I’m going to vote for you.”
    “Good. Look I have to be at the Town Hall in half and hour.”
    “What for?”
    “I’ve been invited to witness the dissolution of the out-going Council.”
    “Sounds exciting.”
    “Look don’t bother, I think I’d better walk.”
    “Walk, why are you in a hurry?”
    “Well if you’re anything to go by it could take you over half an hour to find the Town Hall, and that would make me late!”

    “Don’t be like that!”
    “Well alright then, you can take me, but only if you promise not to take the scenic route.”
   “Take you where?”
   “To the Town Hall.”
   “Where’s that? Oh well, I expect we’ll find it, get in.”
   “We could always consult your map of The Village!”
   “It’s in the glove compartment.”
    {Number 6 gets the map out only to find the Town Hall isn’t marked}
    “It’s not marked on the map!”
    “Oh well, we can always stop and ask someone for directions on the way!”
    “Yes, we can ask that chap you’ve just run over, who now sits on the bonnet!”
    “Or the chap whose just jumped into the back!”
    “Here what’s your game?”
    “I’m Number One-one-three, and this is my photographic colleague Number One-one-three b. We contribute to The Tally Ho.”
    No.113 “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “Drive on.”
    No.113 “This is going to make a terrific story.”
    No.6 “What is?”
    “Local Council candidate cannot find the Town Hall!”
    Well do you know where it is?”
    “We’ve just passed it haven’t we?”
    No.113 “No it’s just up ahead on the right, or is it on the left?”
    No.58 “It would depend on the direction. Anyway we’re going to stop someone and ask for directions!”
    No.113 “What and spoil my story?”
    “I think we’ve just driven passed it!”
    “Botheration, I’ll never get there on time now!”


Be seeing you  

No comments:

Post a Comment